This agreement is made between TDF Enterprises, LLC doing business as The City Limo (hereafter “Lessor”); and:
Customer Name: ___________________________
Customer Address: ___________________________
Customer Phone: ___________________________
Customer Email: ___________________________
Hereafter, the “Customer.”
Therefore, it is agreed by both parties:
- The contract period is defined as the contractual time for pick-up to the contractual time for drop-off.
- The lease period is defined from the time the vehicle arrives at the Customer’s pick-up location until the vehicle has departed from the Customer’s drop-off location
- A member of the party includes all persons in or around the vehicle, regardless if any persons were a member of the “original party” or were added during the lease period by another other party member or the Customer.
- The Lessor is defined to include TDF Enterprises LLC’s members, owners, managers, agents, employees, drivers, or contractors.
- Headers in this document “Prior to the Event,” “During the Event,” and “Post-Event” are for organizational purposes only and do not restrict any terms or conditions to a specific time range.
RESCHEDULE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- 14 or more days in advance: Bookings may be rescheduled 14 or more days prior to the booking to another date subject to vehicle and driver availability, for no penalty. Future credit may be issued in lieu of an immediate reschedule. Cancelled bookings 14 or more days will be subject to $100 cancellation fee and the remainder of the prepaid rental amount will be refunded less processing fees.
- Less than 14 days in advance: Reschedules may be permitted at the Lessor’s discretion and are not guaranteed. Bookings cancelled within 14 days forfeit the full rental amount and no refunds will be given.
PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Please inform the booking agent of your intended pick-up location, destinations, and drop-off location when making your reservation. Unless prior agreed in writing, no destination may extend past a 12 air-mile radius of the Interstate 74 Bridge over the Mississippi River. This area includes Port Byron, LeClaire, Bettendorf, Davenport, Eldridge, Park View, Rock Island, Andalusia, Milan, Moline, East Moline, Silvis, Coal Valley and Colona.
- Please inform the booking agent if your event is intended to provide transportation for minors, defined as four or more persons under the age of 21 years (e.g. Proms, Quinceañeras, school dances). It is the Lessor’s policy that all events transporting minors must be chaperoned by at least one, and preferably two or more, responsible legal guardians unless otherwise agreed, in writing, prior to the event. The legal guardian will be required to sign an acknowledgement of the terms of this lease and agree to enforce all policies of the Lessor.
- Full payment is due at lease agreement and the booking is not confirmed until full payment has been made, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Unconfirmed bookings are not reserved and the Lessor may lease the vehicle to another party.
- Occasionally, non-safety related vehicle failures may occur prior to or during a lease. These can include, but are not limited to, failures of air conditioning or stereo equipment. When possible, the Lessor will attempt to repair the system or substitute the vehicle. Should repair or substitution not be possible, the Lessor is not liable to the Customer for any refund.
- While we strive to provide the requested vehicle, the Lessor reserves the right to substitute a reserved vehicle for another vehicle at any time with or without notice.
- Rental price does not include driver gratuity.
DURING THE EVENT
- The Customer is responsible and agrees to be held liable for the actions of all party members.
- If there is a remaining balance for the lease, the full amount is due immediately at the time of pick-up, in CASH. The driver does not have the ability to process credit or debit cards in the vehicle. Should it be necessary to phone in a card number to the leasing agent or other responsible party, a convenience fee of up to 25% may be added by the Lessor.
- Lessor is not liable in cases of unexpected breakdowns, accidents, severe or winter weather, DOT inspections, traffic, acts of God, or any condition or incident that may delay a timely arrival, delay in-route transportation, or cause a cancellation of the lease. In the event of a cancellation due to mechanical or weather, including “no travel advisories” the booking may be scheduled for another date or a credit issued to be used towards a future booking. The Lessor is not obligated to issue a refund.
- The Lessor is not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to any Customer or party member’s property in the vehicle during the duration of the lease. It is advised to not leave valuables in the vehicle.
- At no time shall the Customer’s party exceed the maximum posted capacity of the vehicle. The Lessor reserves the right to force individuals out of the vehicle or end the lease early if maximum capacity is exceeded. Vehicle capacities are posted on The City Limo website and are posted in each vehicle.
- The Customer may not attach or affix any items, including but not limited to, streamers or decor to the vehicle’s interior or exterior without prior written approval.
- The Customer shall not use any material or beverage that may make excessive mess and require extra cleaning by the Lessor. Examples include, but are not limited to, Styrofoam coolers, confetti, glitter, rice, bubbles, Silly String, and gelatin (e.g. Jello shots). The Customer shall be liable to the Lessor for any damages or cleaning required from use of these items by any party member.
- Smoking is generally not permitted in any vehicle. Drivers are authorized to permit smoking by passengers, in buses only, but are not obligated to permit smoking for health reasons. Note: Cleaning fees for permitted smoking may apply. Smoking is never permitted in limousines.
- Illegal substances, including marijuana, are not permitted in any vehicle. Failure to abide may result in immediate termination of the lease and forfeiture of the full booking payment. The Lessor may contact Law Enforcement if illegal substances are found or noticed.
- Customers are responsible for providing their own beverages, the Lessor is prohibited by law from providing or selling alcohol. No alcoholic beverages may be placed or stored forward of the standee line (e.g. in the driver area or front dashboard). The Lessor does not provide ice or coolers.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted inside the vehicle only and are not permitted outside the vehicle.
- No passenger under the legal drinking age may consume alcoholic beverages. The Customer is responsible for compliance and the Lessor is not responsible for verifying identification.
- Threats to the driver, fighting or violence between passengers in or around the vehicle will result in immediate termination of the lease and forfeiture of the full booking payment. Law Enforcement may be called to quell such violence or remove passengers from the vehicle.
- The Lessor reserves the right to eject any individual(s) whom they deem to be disruptive, intoxicated, to pose a safety threat to themselves or to others. Intoxicated individuals may not be left in the vehicle and separated from the party “to sleep it off.”
- Any release of bodily fluids in or on the vehicle triggers a $100 cash fee due immediately, per occurrence. Failure to pay this fee may result in termination of the lease, forfeiture of full booking payment, and may result in legal action to collect.
- Improper use of an emergency exit triggers a $250 fee due immediately, per occurrence. Failure to pay this fee may result in termination of the lease, forfeiture of full booking payment, and may result in legal action to collect.
- Lessor is not responsible for injuries in and around the vehicle. Alcohol impairs motor skills, balance, and judgement. Customer and their party members are advised to remain seated while the vehicle is in motion. Per federal law, no passenger may be forward of the standee line while the vehicle is in motion. Move about at your own risk. Please use caution on the stairs.
- No passenger may hang any body parts, including head or arms, from vehicle windows while the vehicle is in motion. No trash or other objects may be thrown from the vehicle while in motion.
- The Customer agrees to abide by any applicable municipality, county, or state ordinances and is responsible for any violations, citations, or fines as a result of non-compliance. In the event a citation is issued to the Lessor for the actions of a Customer or member of their party, the Customer agrees to reimburse the Lessor for the full citation amount, including court costs, within 3 business days. This specifically includes, but is not limited to, stereo volume/noise, indecency, public urination, and littering/throwing trash from windows.
- The Lessor abides by all traffic and parking laws and its driver has full control over routes selected or pick-up and drop-off locations. It may be necessary to drop passengers off and/or park the vehicle several blocks away from a customer’s destination. The driver will provide the Customer or their designated representative a phone number to call when the party is ready for pick-up. Please have all party members ready for pick-up prior to calling. If all members are not ready, the driver may have to “circle the block” to abide by traffic and parking laws.
- No persons may enter or board the vehicle if the driver is not present.
- The Customer must be present for party members to enter or board the vehicle. In the event the Customer departs from the remaining party members, the Lessor reserves the right to terminate the lease immediately and the Customer forfeits the full payment. No split parties are permitted.
- The Customer agrees to assume full responsibility for any intentional or accidental damage, vandalism, or theft done to the vehicle by any member of their party during the lease period. This includes, but is not limited to, blown speakers or amplifiers, missing cup holders, broken windows or emergency exits.
- Contact period times are enforced. Time extensions may be purchased at a rate of $150/hour and will not be prorated, subject to vehicle and driver availability. Purchased time extensions via the Lessor’s website shall not be honored unless previously approved by the Lessor. Unapproved extension purchases will be reimbursed within 7 business days minus Lessor’s processing fees. The Lessor abides by all US DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration driver hours of service regulations and cannot guarantee a time extension. It’s recommended to lease the vehicle up front for the full amount of time considered. The Lessor reserves the right to depart or remove passengers from the vehicle at the end of the contract period.
- The Customer and its party members are advised not to operate a motor vehicle after the lease period if they have consumed alcoholic beverages. The Lessor and its drivers are not responsible for any claims for injuries, loss, damage, death, liability, criminal or civil litigation for the participating individual arising out of or relating to a lease.
- The Customer agrees to pay within 3 business days any fees for cleaning or damage incurred. The Lessor shall determine applicable cleaning fees and the Customer agrees that fees may be higher than Lessor’s actual cost to account for opportunity cost.
- Should legal action be necessary to enforce these contract terms, the Customer agrees to pay all applicable attorneys and court costs to the Lessor to the maximum extent of applicable law. The Jurisdiction of choice for this agreement shall be the City of Bettendorf, County of Scott, State of Iowa. If any portion of this agreement is deemed unenforceable by a Court of Law, the remaining terms of the agreement shall remain in effect.
Media Release: The Customer releases to the Lessor the use of any photos, images, video, or other media taken during my event for marketing purposes, including printed, website, social media, or other digital media. The Customer, and/or the Customer’s guests may request, by writing, removal of any media and such validated requests will be executed within 14 business days of receipt for digital media and 60 business days for print media.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT THE LESSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR THE LESSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NO ASSIGNMENT: The Customer may not assign this Agreement or any of their respective rights, interests, duties or obligations here-under without the prior written consent of the other party. The Lessor may assign this Agreement and any of its rights, interests, duties or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the Customer.
DIGITAL SIGNATURE: I acknowledge that my electronic signature carries the full weight and legal standing as a paper and pen signature. This includes completing a payment transaction that references these terms and conditions.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or written with respect to the subject matter hereof.
I acknowledge that I am at least 18 years of age.
Last updated: August 22, 2019